Through your involvement and support, the Living Arts & Science Center makes our community immeasurably better.
For nearly 50 years, the Living Arts & Science Center has inspired creative and critical thinkers through hands-on arts and science education on a scale and scope found nowhere else in the region. Like you, we value life-long learning. Your charitable donation makes it possible to continue providing experiences that foster imagination for over 45,000 children and adults each year. Here are some of the programs your gift will support:
- Over 500 art and science classes with professional teachers and experts
- Class scholarships for over 300 students with financial need
- Free and low-cost cultural, interactive exhibits and programs for families
- Free and open to the public 50 hours a week to experience art and science exhibits
- Hands-on field trips to LASC for over 8,000 students from across Kentucky
- Free after-school Science and Art Explorers and Urban Ecology programs for
- Outreach to schools and libraries in over 35 Kentucky counties with WOW: Wonders on Wheels, a mobile planetarium and nine interactive art and science programs
Our new, state-of-the-art Lucille C. Little Discovery Center, along with the
historic Kinkead House, includes a teaching kitchen and gardens, four art galleries, interactive science exhibit, classrooms, digital media lab, clay studio and Lexington’s only planetarium. The wide array of classes and programs offered
truly makes this the place where creativity grows!
With your help, we can serve more curious and creative minds! Will you please
join us and support the Living Arts & Science Center? Your generous gift is needed to make low cost, high quality classes, scholarships and free cultural and educational programs accessible and inspiring to all.