Welcome back to The Living Arts and Science Center!
The COVID-19 Pandemic is hard on everyone, and we thank you for your patience while we worked to discover creative ways to be YOUR science and art resource and to keep our staff, members, and guests safe.
The Living Arts and Science Center galleries are now open to the public by appointment Monday – Friday 9am until 4 pm. Advance appointments are required for all guests, including members, and can be made by talking to a staff member by phone at 859-252-5222.
There are a limited number of appointments available per day. Please register in advance.
Our exhibit, maker spaces and planetarium remain closed to the public.
All upcoming classes and camps require pre-registration.
When you or your student arrives, you will notice a few other changes:
We will follow all guidelines for mask wearing and social distancing as established by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Kindergarten students and older = Masks covering the nose and mouth are required while you are at The Living Arts and Science Center.
- Young people under kindergarten age are suggested to wear a mask. If this is not possible, young people are to be helped to maintain six foot distancing.
- ADA accommodations will be made for guests that cannot wear face masks due to a health exemption. If you have a health issue that places you in an exempt class, you may wear a full-face shield without a face mask. You must provide your own face-shield. If you cannot wear a full-face shield, you should not visit The Living Arts and Science Center at this time. If you need assistance making other accommodations, please call 859-252-5222.
- LASC Staff will always wear masks while with guests and students.
- Please maintain six feet of spacing between all individual and household groups.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations were added throughout the building. Please use them.
- Room capacity will be posted and guests must adhere to these guidelines.
All guests must take a COVID-19 pre-screening before entering the building.
- Has your temperature been above 100.4° F [38.0° C] without the use of fever reducing medication in the last 48 hours?
- Do you have new or worsening onset of any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, chills, body aches, fatigue, headache, loss of taste/smell, eye drainage, or congestion?
- Have you been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or who has symptoms compatible with COVID-19?
- Are any members of your household ordered or required to quarantine for exposure to COVID-19?
If you or anyone in your party answered yes to any of the questions above, please stay home and come back to see us another time.
When you arrive:
After registering in advance for a class or camp, please follow drop off procedures provided by the Center. OR, after making an appointment for the galleries, proceed to the front entrance on Martin Luther King Blvd. and call 859-255-5222 to let the staff know that you are here.
For the safety of our guests, anyone who is not able to follow these COVID safety guidelines will be asked to leave.
We encourage you to stay informed with reliable resources.
If you are interested in renting the planetarium or Glo Gallery for a safe, socially distanced, masked, limited attendance meeting or event, please call 859-252-5222.